- Diving Nalau Pass on the Swell close to Bella Bella – it was like diving in the tropics. so many vivid colours and intense life
- Comments overheard after a dive on the Nautilus Swell on a Port Hardy trip.
- Browning Pass is world famous for a reason.
- Planning an Alaskan vacation around diving the wreck of the 300 foot steamship State of California – a fascinating account
- Having a great time on the Nautilus Swell; We are treated like kings, warm towels on cold days, hot beverages when you get back to the boat, just great!
- Melissa Howey on Happy guest diving Port Hardy on the Nautilus Swell. One diver’s story. Rob Roy.
- Jim Soderberg on Latest trip ratings in from guests on the last 3 trips on the Swell and we hit straight 100′s on NPS!!
- Allan Hesketh on Naughty or nice, it’s your choice on the Nautilus Swell.
- Bill Golley on Some days you feel like you’re stuck in the mud.
- Nina on In this line of work I enjoy more than my fair share of adventure.
Monthly Archives: April 2011
Giant Pacific Octopus Week at the Deserters. Captain’s Log April 26-27, 2011 Port Hardy. Scuba Diving Beautiful British Columbia
We woke up this morning tucked safely away inside our own private lagoon in the Walker Group of islands just north of the Deserters. Last night we opted not to night dive but to enjoy the lagoon for some kayaking … Continue reading
Underway from Port Hardy for Browning Pass and we are heading straight into the setting Sun as we head up Goletas Channel, last night as we headed in we had guests taking some outstanding shot or the sunset heading in. … Continue reading
My First Night Dive – Inseparable Mixture of Fascination, Frustration, Disorientation and Completely Enthralled
So I’m sitting in the wheelhouse of the Swell, overlooking Browning Pass on a beautiful, calm, sunny (still a little chilly!) day…it doesn’t get much better than this. I’ve been in Mexico on the Nautilus Explorer all winter, and while … Continue reading
Wow, this week has flown by. The weather has been great with light winds most of the week, enjoyed lots of sun and some great diving. Browning wall this week has proven very special indeed, octopus out on the wall … Continue reading
“B” and Chris loving their return to their old haunts – Browning Pass, Staples, the Deserters.. It’s wonderful to be back in the Port Hardy area spending time at all our old haunts….Browning Pass, Staples Cut, The Deserters….not too mention … Continue reading
With an evening departure last night from Port Hardy we were underway for Browning Pass at 1940 hours. Just as we cleared Hardie Bay we were escorted up Goletas Channel by about 8 – 12 Orcas that crossed in front … Continue reading
Today was a leisurely start as we waited for the morning slack on Browning Wall. Tide was perfect for a slow drift down and back as the tide changed as planned mid dive. After the dive we are off for … Continue reading
Hey, what a great trip. From what I am told it was the Swells’ second outing. Wow are they every organized already, I never noticed any new bumps or growing pains along the way. What makes a good dive trip: … Continue reading
Hey Everybody, It’s your friendly Engineer again. Still on the Nautilus Swell and Loving every minute of it. We are on our second trip of the season and the guests on board are great as usual. The weather has been … Continue reading
Up on the anchor and good bye to the Deserters for a few days as we head off for a dive in Browning Pass. After a short 1 hour run back to the Browning area we are off for a … Continue reading