- Diving Nalau Pass on the Swell close to Bella Bella – it was like diving in the tropics. so many vivid colours and intense life
- Comments overheard after a dive on the Nautilus Swell on a Port Hardy trip.
- Browning Pass is world famous for a reason.
- Planning an Alaskan vacation around diving the wreck of the 300 foot steamship State of California – a fascinating account
- Having a great time on the Nautilus Swell; We are treated like kings, warm towels on cold days, hot beverages when you get back to the boat, just great!
- Melissa Howey on Happy guest diving Port Hardy on the Nautilus Swell. One diver’s story. Rob Roy.
- Jim Soderberg on Latest trip ratings in from guests on the last 3 trips on the Swell and we hit straight 100′s on NPS!!
- Allan Hesketh on Naughty or nice, it’s your choice on the Nautilus Swell.
- Bill Golley on Some days you feel like you’re stuck in the mud.
- Nina on In this line of work I enjoy more than my fair share of adventure.
Monthly Archives: July 2012
“The highlight of our fabulous 214 foot decompression dive on the State of California – using 3 different gasses – and feeling the spectral presence of the lost souls aboard – was not the gorgeous cloud sponges, basket stars, war bonnets or the grunt sculpin – but rather the fact that the dive skiff was perfectly positioned for our arrival at the surface, 70 minutes later.” Alaska, July 31, 2012.
“I’ve cruised Alaska 4 times now – this has been the most interesting cruise ever – not touristy or fake but a trip into the real Alaska – it’s like experiencing Alaska like a local” – Gavrielle Adelman “I have … Continue reading
“The trip was FANTASTIC!!! :D One of, if not THE, best ever!”. A guests experience aboard the Nautilus Swell, Alaska, BC.
The following is quoted from ScubaBoard: “The trip was FANTASTIC!!! One of, if not THE, best ever! We actually had about 2-1/2 days of sun (which is 2 days more than the last time we were up there!) The Captain was … Continue reading
Nautilus Swell – Divemaster report - July diving in Alaska! July 9 guests embark in Ketchican July 10 Meyers Chuck, Clarence Straight Dive one: Misery Island Viz 65ft+ Temp: 10C Seas: Calm Weather: Sun Dive Two: Misery Island … Continue reading
Diving Alaska: Adrenalin rushed through me and my heart pounded as I was transported back in time. July 16, 2012.
It’s hard to say what makes a dive great. Sometimes it’s a species you’ve been longing to see since your 1st open water dive, sometimes its the surprise of seeing something you never thought you would see even with 1000′s … Continue reading
Can one ever see enough nudibranchs mating?? Or all the different ways a decorator crab disguises himself?? Introducing tropical divers to cold water.. Nautilus Swell. July 8, 2012.
Hi Everyone, Diving Southeastern Alaska and I had a privilege that doesn’t happen often out here and am excited to share. We just finished a great trip with a group of fabulous people and had some beautiful sunny days which … Continue reading
A simple phone call from a friend was the start of an amazing adventure on the Nautilus Swell. Alaska. July 7, 2012.
The decision to abandon the chaos of the city for life on a boat in Alaska was an easy one. A month away from the hustle and bustle of daily life and an opportunity to spend time with a good … Continue reading
I am excited to be back on Nautilus Swell, especially as I haven’t finished my sculpin ID! Alaska. July 6, 2012.
I am back in Southeastern Alaska and this contract couldn’t have come fast enough, I was so excited to come back, I figured that I wasn’t done with the sculpin ID. Nor did I get enough of the Prowfish and … Continue reading
Inian Island, Alaska – The most intense concentration of life that I have ever seen. It took my breath away. July 2, 2012.
I met a local in Juneau, Alaska a couple of days ago who recognized us as “the crazy guys who scuba dive all over SE Alaska”. Yeah that’s us. Anyway, turns out that he too is crazy and has been … Continue reading