- Subaqua: Alaska with the Nautilus Swell
- There were friendships made that will hopefully last for many more dives to come.
- Yes the diving is amazing, but its moments like this that really makes me really remember why I do the things I do.
- The coming days are going to be Swell.
- I am sure that after a few weeks of this I will be tough as nails! Strong arms are coming!
- Andy Wallace on We hope the Swell can stand as an encouragement to those of us that are reaching the end of a season. Pause, set your intention and make sure you whoop and holler
- Allan Corbett on Yes the diving is amazing, but its moments like this that really makes me really remember why I do the things I do.
- Sabrina on We hope the Swell can stand as an encouragement to those of us that are reaching the end of a season. Pause, set your intention and make sure you whoop and holler
- Phil Garner on I feel lucky to have called the Swell my home for the past year or so and look forward to continuing my diving in our gorgeous local waters!
- Kate R on I feel lucky to have called the Swell my home for the past year or so and look forward to continuing my diving in our gorgeous local waters!
- February 2016
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- April 2012
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
Monthly Archives: April 2013
There is something very special about these misty green islands, shrouded in fog and punctuated by the cries of eagles.
What a departure from my previous work, and how good it is to be back! I haven’t worked in the central coast of BC since 2006, and since that time I’ve worked in the coasts of Spain, France, Italy, Mexico, … Continue reading
Posted in Destinations Tagged first mate sandy, Nautilus Swell Leave a comment
Latest trip ratings in from guests on the last 3 trips on the Swell and we hit straight 100’s on NPS!!
We could not be more proud of the crew on the Swell. This is the first time one of our boats has hit straight 100’s on NPS three trips in a row! So what the heck does NPS mean?? It’s … Continue reading
Posted in Destinations Tagged 100's, Captain Mike, Nautilus Swell 1 Comment
the head of this bay is an excellent place to spot black bears foraging on the beach.
It is a beautiful, calm, sunny day here in Shushartie Bay on Northern Vancouver Island. On days like this It is easy to get tricked into thinking that it’s always like this here in April ! In September, the … Continue reading
photo of the week.
In case anybody is wondering why we posted images of moon jellies, we want to transport you in your mind to a beautiful inlet on the west side of Baranoff Island in Alaska. Imagine a steep sided fjord with sheer … Continue reading
Posted in Alaska, Destinations Tagged Captain Mike, jelly fish Leave a comment
BLOG de CHRIS
Is it even possible to improve upon world famous Browning Wall?? Yes if there is exceptional visibility 60 feet or plus which what we had for this whole trip. Our warm water comrades on the Nautilus Explorer down at Socorro … Continue reading
Posted in Browning Wall, Destinations Tagged Nautilus Swell, sea lions, underwater ballet Leave a comment
G*d has this amazing locomotion thing going.
“I loved the trip on the Nautilus Swell last night. I am quite sensitive to the smell of diesel fumes and rolling motion. I have not smelled exhaust or felt the boat move much at all.” “The Swell has so … Continue reading
Posted in Destinations Tagged guest comments, Nautilus Swell Leave a comment
The run up to Port Hardy from Vancouver on the Nautilus Swell was awesome.
As with any reposition there are always last minute things to take care of. We had Jason the local Steveston miracle worker weld a new towing lug on Indie, our dive skiff. Indie is a 38′ aluminum dive tender that … Continue reading
Alaska story in Italian magazine
http://www.scubazone.it/download/ScubaZone8.pdf If you can read Italian, then you should check out the aboved link.
Posted in Uncategorized Leave a comment
Getting ready for Port Hardy.
Chris and I are thrilled to be heading up to Port Hardy on the Nautilus Swell as it is one of our favourite places to work from. Of course there is always lots of provisioning that has to happen prior … Continue reading
Posted in Destinations Tagged Costco, Port Hardy Leave a comment
I flew halfway around the world to dive on the Nautilus Swell and it was absolutely worth it
Travelling from Portugal to BC Canada having the awesome opportunity to complete dive number 3000 on one of the most astonishing restored wooden tugboat – the Nautilus Swell. I had an extremely extraordinary experiences diving some of the best cold … Continue reading →