- Subaqua: Alaska with the Nautilus Swell
- There were friendships made that will hopefully last for many more dives to come.
- Yes the diving is amazing, but its moments like this that really makes me really remember why I do the things I do.
- The coming days are going to be Swell.
- I am sure that after a few weeks of this I will be tough as nails! Strong arms are coming!
- I feel lucky to have called the Swell my home for the past year or so and look forward to continuing my diving in our gorgeous local waters! on
- Guest comments as we wrap another trip for Russians on the Nautilus Swell on
- The day dawned misty and gray as we motored our way up LeConte Bay to LeConte Glacier in the Nautilus Swell on
- Sharing stories over spaghetti with extra virgin olive oil, shaved Parmesan and slow roasted roma tomatoes paired with valpolicella wine from Tuscany! on
- Visibility is insanely good at Port Hardy right now!! Almost crystal clear. on
- February 2016
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- April 2012
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
Monthly Archives: June 2013
I was diving with a bunch of big burly guys in Alaska and was able to show them a tiny lumpsucker. All I heard was “awww” and “heehee”.
Good Food, Good Diving, Good Friends – Robin I liked Lumpsuck Site in Gambier Bay and I like it because aside from the small stuff, there was a ton of Irishlords and I found a small Buffalo Sculpin. I found … Continue reading
When my twin brother, Captain Tim, suggested that I join him on the Nautilus Swell for a trip in Alaska I was excited but unsure what to expect as a non-diver aboard a diving boat.
What does one do to pass the time when everyone else is under the waves? As it turns out there were lots of activities to keep me happily occupied throughout the trip. Many days were filled with trips aboard Inde … Continue reading
Echinoderm city – so many large and rare sea stars, cucumbers, sunflower stars! – Faith, diving in Patterson Bay on the Nautilus Swell The viz was awesome! – Faith, on the wreck of the State of California The critters were … Continue reading
Pitter patter, let’s get at ‘er! We love being busy as the curtain goes upon the big Alaska theatre.
No rest for the wicked crew members of the Nautilus Swell as we bid farewell to our latest group of new friends, get the boat provisioned, fix broken things, wash and clean inside and out, do oil changes, update accounts, … Continue reading
Blogs from the Nautilus Swell : “Benoit .. orcas port side, straight ahead … oh la la!! I raced on deck as excited as a five year old.
Visibility was great on the Transpac; I never thought I’d be back on it. Never thought I’d get to dive it with Karen. – Otto De belles plongees, une belle visibilite sur le Transpac, une superbe plongee a Salmon pt. … Continue reading
Guest blogs from Haida Gwaii (formerly known as the Queen Charlotte Islands) – this is going to turn into THE place to dive in BC.
I can’t decide between number one dive site and number two dive site. They were both just so good. Inner Low Rock and Zoom Skirtch were the best two dives of the trip. But the trip is not over yet. … Continue reading
First Mate Sandy saw a free swimming wolf eel that was pregnant but all of the guests were off doing their own thing during the dive. Fog rolled in during our shore tour, fast and thick. We stayed for the … Continue reading
Divemaster Leeanne checking back in for another season in Alaska and excited fine new A+++ dive sites!
So nice to be back to such familiar surroundings. I am starting my season in Southeastern Alaska and was fortunate enough to start in Haida Gwaii Islands and explore the Queen Charlotte Islands area prior to coming up to Alaska. … Continue reading
AMAZING CREW, SPECTACULAR DIVING, GORGEOUS VIEWS AND SMOOTH SAILING .. THAT IS A DEFINITION OF A SWELL VACATION.
Amazing crew, spectacular diving, gorgeous views and smooth sailing.. that is a definition of a Swell vacation. – Adrienne My favorite thing; oh my, there is so much, but it would be the crew. I really like how you guys … Continue reading