- Subaqua: Alaska with the Nautilus Swell
- There were friendships made that will hopefully last for many more dives to come.
- Yes the diving is amazing, but its moments like this that really makes me really remember why I do the things I do.
- The coming days are going to be Swell.
- I am sure that after a few weeks of this I will be tough as nails! Strong arms are coming!
- Andy Wallace on We hope the Swell can stand as an encouragement to those of us that are reaching the end of a season. Pause, set your intention and make sure you whoop and holler
- Allan Corbett on Yes the diving is amazing, but its moments like this that really makes me really remember why I do the things I do.
- Sabrina on We hope the Swell can stand as an encouragement to those of us that are reaching the end of a season. Pause, set your intention and make sure you whoop and holler
- Phil Garner on I feel lucky to have called the Swell my home for the past year or so and look forward to continuing my diving in our gorgeous local waters!
- Kate R on I feel lucky to have called the Swell my home for the past year or so and look forward to continuing my diving in our gorgeous local waters!
- February 2016
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- April 2012
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
Monthly Archives: June 2014
“Absolutely the most thrilling experience of my life, and I’m not lying/ sea lying about that;)” Quoted by Cheryl after a dive at Baranof Rock, southeast Alaska on the Nautilus Swell
Absolutely the most thrilling experience of my life, and I’m not lying/ sea lying about that;) Quoted by Cheryl after a dive at Baranof Rock, southeast Alaska on the Nautilus Swell
I was like a kid in a candy store diving in Alaska
Every dive is good. That wall yesterday (kelp patch @ baranof) I could dive ten times! Every time you can see something new.- Manfred I was like a kid in a candy store! Fantastic. One of the best sites.- Gerda … Continue reading
Alaska diving has been epic and the juvenile north cling fish is officially the cutest!
“This was my 3rd trip with the Nautilus fleet and so I already knew of the high standard that was met. I wanted to do a cold water trip this year and knew Alaska with you guys was the one … Continue reading
Calving glaciers, a world class dive site, Humpback whales, 1000ft waterfalls, and fresh king salmon.
Only in wild Alaska can you get these things put in front of you only a few days apart. With only a week left before I leave the Swell and go on days off Alaska has been delivering big time … Continue reading
Alaska. Home Sweet Home.
Season after season I spend on the Swell has made it seem more like home every year. And for the majority of the crew on board it is our home 🙂 Coming back to familiar bays and inlets and cruising … Continue reading
Well no one prepared me for Alaska…..the beautiful sunny days…..the gorgeous scenery…and the whales.
I saw my first whale breach straight up into the air I can’t even find the words to describe the beauty of such a sight. It has also been an incredible inspiration for cooking…..today we dined on NY striploins, garlic … Continue reading
I will start by apologizing for my language in abbreviation but OMFG!!!! This is unbelievable!
I think every word in the English language to describe joy and awe was said 10 times during this morning’s spectacular performance. We pulled into Patterson bay (a bay in which should be renamed to dreamland bay) and put the … Continue reading
Bubble net feeding right beside the Nautilus Swell.
At anchor Patterson Bay. Baranoff Island. WX calm calm We are all in a state of stunned awe…bubble net feeding for 4 hours inside the head of Patterson Bay as close as 25 feet from the boat (while we were … Continue reading
Decent size giant pacific octopus
Great image of our friends Kelly and Bob Scarzafava from Anacortes diving with a decent size giant pacific octopus out in the open in southeast Alaska. We are always on the prowl and lookout for these guys. Giant pacific octo’s … Continue reading