- Diving Nalau Pass on the Swell close to Bella Bella – it was like diving in the tropics. so many vivid colours and intense life
- Comments overheard after a dive on the Nautilus Swell on a Port Hardy trip.
- Browning Pass is world famous for a reason.
- Planning an Alaskan vacation around diving the wreck of the 300 foot steamship State of California – a fascinating account
- Having a great time on the Nautilus Swell; We are treated like kings, warm towels on cold days, hot beverages when you get back to the boat, just great!
- Melissa Howey on Happy guest diving Port Hardy on the Nautilus Swell. One diver’s story. Rob Roy.
- Jim Soderberg on Latest trip ratings in from guests on the last 3 trips on the Swell and we hit straight 100′s on NPS!!
- Allan Hesketh on Naughty or nice, it’s your choice on the Nautilus Swell.
- Bill Golley on Some days you feel like you’re stuck in the mud.
- Nina on In this line of work I enjoy more than my fair share of adventure.
Category Archives: orca
The wooden decks are beautiful and the varnished wood inside is so beautiful. It was really cool finishing the dive in a kelp forest with hundreds of black rock fish. The current started along Browning Wall in the right way … Continue reading
We set out from Vancouver to explore the beautiful west coast around the Gulf Islands. It’s exciting for me, being west coast born, to see the Gulf Islands from the perspective of our vessel. The Nautilus Swell gives you a … Continue reading
Starting point was Juneau, Alaska and we’ll end our days meandering through the northern part of Vancouver Island (Port Hardy) down through the Sunshine Coast and finishing up our last trip exploring the dive sites around Nanaimo. There have been … Continue reading
Der 2. Tauchgang war etwas Besonderes. Ein Explorer-Dive. Keiner kannte den Platz. Alaska, Juni 2011.
Der 2. Tauchgang war etwas Besonderes. Ein Explorer-Dive. Keiner kannte den Platz & nach dem Tony (Divemaster) und Tim uns gefragt hatten, waren wir alle begeistert von dieser Möglichkeit einen neuen Platz zu erkunden. Eine Steilwand, nicht sehr Tief aber … Continue reading
Dive master Leeanne Back in Southern Alaska and on the Nautilus Swell. I am so glad to be back. The Nautilus Swell and Nautilus Explorer are two vessels I love working on. The safety and customer service is impeccable compared … Continue reading
After the last dive as we were leaving Inian Island we saw a huge number of humpback whales… And those guys had prepared a show for us! Breaching and practicing bubble netting! That was really great… And all this was just above the water! – August 13 2011 – Alaska
Back in Alaska, but this time on The Nautilus Swell…what a lovely boat. We have already done so much I can hardly remember!! Diving with the sea lions at Inian Wall was phenomenal, but loving the nudibranchs, too!!! Watching the … Continue reading
Amongst a steady showing of blowhole water signals, knobby waving flippers and massive diving tail flukes, a cast of wondering eyes meets an unexpected surprise.
The beauty that is Alaska never ceases to amaze me, the same goes for the divers crazy enough to dive her waters. Every trip, however, without fail, they all line up to board the vessel, eager to get in the … Continue reading
As a student, (North Vancouver, B.C.), interning aboard the Nautilus Swell Liveaboard has been a remarkable experience; My position aboard the Swell is as a deckhand and galley assistant, on a daily basis there are astonishing advantages to interning with … Continue reading
Guest comments – May 1, 2011 Repositioning trip – Port Hardy to Ketchikan – Nautilus Swell Julie – The boat is beautiful – I’ve been on for less than 24 hours – the crew have been unbelievable. Craig – Seven … Continue reading
Underway from Port Hardy for Browning Pass and we are heading straight into the setting Sun as we head up Goletas Channel, last night as we headed in we had guests taking some outstanding shot or the sunset heading in. … Continue reading