- Subaqua: Alaska with the Nautilus Swell
- There were friendships made that will hopefully last for many more dives to come.
- Yes the diving is amazing, but its moments like this that really makes me really remember why I do the things I do.
- The coming days are going to be Swell.
- I am sure that after a few weeks of this I will be tough as nails! Strong arms are coming!
- Andy Wallace on We hope the Swell can stand as an encouragement to those of us that are reaching the end of a season. Pause, set your intention and make sure you whoop and holler
- Allan Corbett on Yes the diving is amazing, but its moments like this that really makes me really remember why I do the things I do.
- Sabrina on We hope the Swell can stand as an encouragement to those of us that are reaching the end of a season. Pause, set your intention and make sure you whoop and holler
- Phil Garner on I feel lucky to have called the Swell my home for the past year or so and look forward to continuing my diving in our gorgeous local waters!
- Kate R on I feel lucky to have called the Swell my home for the past year or so and look forward to continuing my diving in our gorgeous local waters!
- February 2016
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- April 2012
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
Category Archives: Nautilus Swell
A sea shanty invented a song to speed up the pace of the backbreaking work of caulking, vs. our own “Mother Mother”…
Although the Nautilus Swell is a big boat wooden boat for our standards, the great ships of the age of sail were much bigger and the maintenance necessary to keep them ruling the seven seas required a skilled crew that … Continue reading
Posted in Nautilus Swell, Uncategorized Tagged shanty songs, Swell refit Leave a comment
Our beautiful Nautilus Swell needs constant maintenance to keep her looking like new…
The Nautilus Swell is a grand dame tugboat. At 101 years young she is still going strong, but requires constant care and attention to keep her ship shape. The art of wooden boat construction and maintenance is an ancient marine … Continue reading
Posted in Nautilus Swell Tagged caulking, refit, restorative work Leave a comment
The Nautilus Swell will emerge from her cocoon at the end of the month like a huge, beautiful wooden butterfly
We arrived in Port Angeles the night of the 6th and cleared customs. The next morning we were up bright and early to haul the Swell out of the water. Captain Tim motored us up to the submerged slings of the … Continue reading
Posted in Nautilus Swell 2 Comments
Great article on diving the San Juan Islands by Rick Stratton, at the Dive News Network!
Explore, Enjoy, and Dream in the San Juans Warm and Gooey like a Chocolate Chip Cookie Just a scenic ferry ride or a short flight from the northwest Washington mainland lies a paradise for the adventurous in spirit. Whether you … Continue reading
Posted in Destinations, Nautilus Swell Tagged BC Diving, Dive News Network, marine encounters, san juan diving, The Salish Sea Leave a comment
Can you tell us what we are looking at?
What are the wee little anemones clustered around the bigger anemone? Open forum and hoping for lots of answers between now and our first spring trip on February 14th. One lucky person with the correct answer will win … Continue reading
Posted in Nautilus Swell Tagged anemone, contest, Nautilus Swell 1 Comment
Some guests comments after a dive day in Alaska on the Nautilus Swell
DM: How would you describe the experience of diving with moon jelly congregations to others? Ingrid: Mystic Patric: Snow Storm Underwater Katerina: Alien DM: Cool, I think of pillows. Fluffy white moon jelly pillows “I like the wolf eels and … Continue reading
Posted in Alaska, Animals, Destinations, Nautilus Swell, Wolf Eels Tagged Baranof Warm Springs, moon jelly, Nautilus Swell, Port Alexander, sea lions Leave a comment
I had a breathtaking encounter with sea lions under the title “one of the best dives of my life”.
Again I decided to choose Nautilus Fleet – and once again it was best choice! I was nosy about Alaska, especially hoping to see the sea lions. But what I got was more than amazing – I never expected something … Continue reading
Posted in Alaska, Animals, Destinations, Nautilus Swell Tagged sealions Leave a comment