- Subaqua: Alaska with the Nautilus Swell
- There were friendships made that will hopefully last for many more dives to come.
- Yes the diving is amazing, but its moments like this that really makes me really remember why I do the things I do.
- The coming days are going to be Swell.
- I am sure that after a few weeks of this I will be tough as nails! Strong arms are coming!
- I feel lucky to have called the Swell my home for the past year or so and look forward to continuing my diving in our gorgeous local waters! on
- Guest comments as we wrap another trip for Russians on the Nautilus Swell on
- The day dawned misty and gray as we motored our way up LeConte Bay to LeConte Glacier in the Nautilus Swell on
- Sharing stories over spaghetti with extra virgin olive oil, shaved Parmesan and slow roasted roma tomatoes paired with valpolicella wine from Tuscany! on
- Visibility is insanely good at Port Hardy right now!! Almost crystal clear. on
- February 2016
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- April 2012
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
Tag Archives: Inde
Komodo and Palau were my favourite trips until I went to Alaska. I would sign up for another trip right away if I could.
Dear Nautilus Swell, I’m not sure if this e-mail goes to the office or to the crew of the Swell, but to whoever reads this, I just wanted to take the time to thank you for a wonderful trip. I … Continue reading
I crawled into my bunk sore, tired and happily dreaming of nudibranchs, red irish lords, sculpins and crabs
Today I gave the exalted title of hostess over to the new recruit Amanda. I have been working with and training Amanda since September 10th and she has been a blast! Hard working and meticulous it wasn’t long before she … Continue reading
Diving the wreck of the Transpac. Divemaster Colten and I woke up early this morning before first light.
The air was thick and condensed on our faces as we moved about the decks, filling tanks and getting geared up. Visibility ended about 10 feet away from the boat into a grey soft fog and blended almost seamlessly with … Continue reading
I could not believe my eyes – 5 humpback whales had just breached the water while bubble net feeding about 400 years south of my dive site.
I was drifting on our dive skiff Inde, watching and waiting for the divers to surface. I wondered if they would continue to feed or what direction they would move. Before I knew what happened I saw 2 of them … Continue reading
After 13 years of searching, we finally found the wreck of the Mar Christopher in Southeast Alaska!!
On my break today I jumped in the water with the guests to go diving. The dive was an exploratory to try to find an old seiner boat wreck that the Nautilus boats have been looking for for 13 years. … Continue reading
When my twin brother, Captain Tim, suggested that I join him on the Nautilus Swell for a trip in Alaska I was excited but unsure what to expect as a non-diver aboard a diving boat.
What does one do to pass the time when everyone else is under the waves? As it turns out there were lots of activities to keep me happily occupied throughout the trip. Many days were filled with trips aboard Inde … Continue reading